Sunday, December 14, 2014

Unconventional Quilting

Moved to the midwest and sure enough, started quilting. Stereotypical no?

Quilting for me is a way to stay connected with my mother, despite the thousand miles separating us, and with the memory of my grandmother, whom has passed away.

Did I take lessons? No. Did I spend hours working with others quilters learning the art? No. Did I take classes or lessons? Nope.

I jumped in and got creative! I love the mental game of figuring out patterns and finding new ways to do things. For my first few projects I devised a way of "cheating" that requires a whole lot of pins, but gives great, precise results.

Since then I have branched out into more conventional methods of quilting, always pushing a little farther and learning a great deal more with every project.






No comments:

Post a Comment