Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Books for Doctors, Books for Fun

Medical Student Here: I read a lot. I don't read a lot of books for fun anymore though, mostly medical journals, texts books, UpToDate entries and prescription drug information. But, thats to be expected.

Over the last two years of rotations I have had greater freedom with my time and my choice of reading. Thankfully my mom and I have very similar taste for fiction novels, so she screens hundreds of books and only recommends the really worth while ones to me. We like stories, well written and unique. Some of our favorites that have little to nothing to do with medicine are:

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford 


Fourth of July Creek by Smith Henderson

A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra  

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Check out the Amazon Store, I've conveniently gathered these titles and others I either love, or plan to love for your perusing pleasure. 

Let me know what you think of these books, my definite non-medical favorites of 2014.


Check out Chocolate and Bacon for more great suggestions and good reviews. 


Check out the next list of titles that I plan to love in 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment